Some members of the Embarcadero R&D and QA teams have blogs with content that can be very interesting for a Delphi user. Some other important people in the Delphi universe have blogs about Delphi or related topics, too.
Since TeamB got its own blog space, I have one as well. Unfortunately, in May 2016, this blog was moved to the (slow) Embarcadero Community site, all comments got lost, and there were quite a few other issues. So I moved my blog to Blogger, where I had already reserved a blog many years ago.
Here you can find a list of the, in my opinion, most interesting blogs for Delphi and Embarcadero.
Almost all Embarcadero bloggers could be found on the Embarcadero blog pages, but some of them moved away from the Embarcadero site and the rest were moved to the Community site:
- Sip from the Firehose, David Intersimone
- Marco’s RAD & Dev World, Marco Cantù, Product Manager for RAD Studio at Embarcadero Technologies
- Marco’s Tech Blog, Marco Cantù
- Podcast at Delphi.org, Jim McKeeth
- David Millington, C++ Builder Product Manager
- Al Mannarino, RAD Studio and InterBase
- Craig Chapman
- Sarina DuPont – Senior Product Manager
- Delphi Sorcery, Stefan Glienke: Spring4D and TestInsight
- The Art of Delphi Programming, Uwe Raabe
- Delphi Tools, Eric Granger
- Delphi Community, Salt Lake City Delphi Users Group, free blogs for Delphi users
- Dave’s blog, David Clegg
- twm’s blog, Thomas Müller (a.k.a. dummzeuch), currently active developer of GExperts
- flickdotnet.de, Holger Flick
- Žarko Gajić — On Delphi Programming, for a long time the Delphi Programming Guide on about.com, now with his own blog.
- Dave’s Development Blog, David Hoyle, an expert on programming the Open Tools API (the API of the Delphi and C++Builder IDE).
- Jon L. Aasenden, Jon L. Aasenden: Smart Mobile Studio, Delphi evangelist
- Delphi Worlds, Dave Nottage
- Delphi-losophy, Nick Hodges: Coding in Delphi
- Delphi Programming Tips & Tricks, Dalija Prasnikar: Delphi Memory Management
- Parnassus, David Millington (the same as the one above)
- blog.andreamagni.eu, Andrea Magni
This list does not pretend to be complete, but since most bloggers have a blog roll anyway, linking to further pages, it should get you started. Most relevant bloggers can be found on begin end or DelphiFeeds.com too, see below.
Old, but still accessible blogs
- Paweł Głowacki: Delphi Programming — Unfortunately, Paweł passed away in December 2017.
- The Oracle at Delphi, Allen Bauer, former Chief Scientist
- Entropy Overload, Barry Kelly (a former Embarcadero R&D member)
- Hallvard’s blog, Hallvard Vassbotn: clever low level tricks
- Chris Bensen
One interesting site is DelphiFeeds.com, a site which collects many blogs regarding Delphi and displays the latest and most interesting blog posts on the subject. Quoted from their website:
This site collects many different feeds from blogs, newsgroups and other Delphi sites. We publish short excerpts from these postings or articles on the DelphiFeeds.com front page. The whole process is automated and we cannot review every single posting that is added to the site. We try to include quality blogs and sites only so that the signal/noise ratio should be good.
A similar site to, and heavily inspired by DelphiFeeds.com, is Eric Granger’s begin end website. This site is much more responsive in picking up new blogs, usually upon suggestions from readers.