Command line tools
An up-to-date version of these projects can be found in my CommandLineTools project on GitHub.
In the years I have been programming, I have written many command line tools. Most of them were useful but have been superseded by tools that came with the operating system. But some have survived, and so I kept them. I want to share some of them with you.
- A tool which prints the calendar for one or more months to the screen.
- A simple tool to display a string in different colours.
- A tool to convert all line ends of a file to either Windows or Unix format. The existing line ends can be either, even mixed.
- A tool to show the exact values of floating point variables in single, double and extended precision and in hex.
- A tool which calculates the disk space wasted, because of cluster size, on the files in a certain directory.
- A tool which tries to find which executable (or executables) will be called if you enter its name on the command line.
I will perhaps add to the list above, or try to enhance or improve these little applications, but don’t take this as a promise. If I made changes, I’ll try to post them here. Please don’t request features.
If you have questions, suggestions, etc. on one of the pieces of source code, please e-mail me.
I do not accept any responsibility about the usability or in case of any damage caused by the use of my programs or files. Use them at your own risk. If they don’t work properly, you have the sources.
Standard Disclaimer for External Links
These links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation or organization or individual. I bear no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.
Disclaimer and Copyright
The coding examples presented here are for illustration purposes only. The author takes no responsibility for end-user use. All content herein is copyrighted by Rudy Velthuis, and may not be reproduced in any form without the author's permission. Source code written by Rudy Velthuis presented as download is subject to the license in the files.